Let me suggest ...

Allow Array types

I'd like to be able to have arrays of objects/primitives as parameters/return types. Simply adding [] or [][] behind the class type would be great.

42 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Robert shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Baptiste Gaillard commented  · 

Hi, we also think this feature would be great to simplify our UML schemas. For now we are forced to create array data types or have graphical links to express this.

Currently when we enter the name of a type for exemple "MyTyp" the auto-suggest list provides "MyType", its ok.

If I enter "MyType[" it would be useful that GenMyModel suggets me "MyType[]". Even better (but perhaps not necessary for a first implementation) GenMyModel could suggest "List<MyType>", "vector<MyType>", etc... dependending on a language in use or preferences.

In our case we principally use PHP so "MyType[]" could be a good starting point.

Thanks

• AdminGenMyModel (Helper, GenMyModel) commented  · 

Thanks for your idea Robert.

Have you tried to change the multiplicity of a property to "*' in the properties panel? The implementation of our generators will be a collection and not an array but graphicaly you will have '[*]' behind the class type. I will add the same option to specify the multiplicity for a return type of an operation.

Let me know if that's what you expect.

Feedback and Knowledge Base