Let me suggest ...

Stereotypes and taggedvalues, or more generaly, UML Profiles

Add support for stereotypes and tagged-values, first use case is for customizing code generation based on Class Diagrams but should be further extended to any other meta-class and diagram.
More generally, it relates to the support of UML Profiles

59 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jean-Baptiste shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Was ready to purchase but lack of stereotypes makes it a non-starter for me. Even with simple diagrams, you have to be able to indicate what type of thing your classes, for example, are representing.

• Leonardo Celati commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding our own stereotype would be really nice. It is mandatory to me, especially when dealing with EJB, ManagedBean and all annotated entrprise java classes

• Viggo Holmstedt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to specify a stereotype to my class, just like the interface symbol shows up now.

• Stephane Barbey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Actually, in the long-term, we would like to have full--fledged profiles, don't we? (In the short-term, just stereotypes would be cool.)

• Nick Roth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a SysML user, I'd really like to be able to define a custom profile at least. SysML would require some functionality changes, but a profile would help there. I'd be interested if there was any way for the community to define plugins or something along those lines that could implement the extra behavior. For example, generating an internal block diagram from a block diagram.

One thought would be to allow users to share profiles, then people could fork and modify them as required.

Feedback and Knowledge Base