Click on the animation to enlarge it
In this article we will see how to create a blank project and open it in the GenMyModel editor. This short video gives you a quick overview of what will follow.
Create a New Project
To create your first diagram press Start Modeling button from the Dashboard page or Create a new Project button from the Projects page.
The New Project window will appear with different project types (see the picture below). Select the desired one.
- BPMN - Business Process
- UML - Software Architecture
- RDS - Relational Database
- Flowchart - Simple flow diagram
- JPA - Java JPA entities
- EMF - Eclipse Modeling Framework
- DMN - Decision Model and Notation
- Archimate - Enterprise Architecture
In this article we are focused on a blank project creation, so press on Blank Project.
Tape your project name with at least 4 characters and containing only : letters, numbers, '-' and '.' symbols. The space bar isn't accepted.
Choose Default Diagram Type
For BPMN and UML projects, select the default diagram :
- BPMN > Process, Collaboration
- UML > Class, Activity, Use Case, Object, Sequence
Dont' worry, once in editor you will be able to add any other diagram (example with UML diagrams below).
Finally, select the visibility :
- Public - public projects are open to the internet and publicly available (view and copy) for everyone
- Private (only for TEAM/ENTERPRISE plans)
And press the Create button.
|Info : Visibility can be changed at any moment in the Projects page|
Press Open in Editor
When the new project is created you can press Open in Editor button.