In this article we will see how to create a new blank project and open it in the GenMyModel Editor.
Create a New Project
Login to your GenMyModel dashboard and press the New Project button from the Projects page. You'll find the same button for quick access in the Home page.
Step 1 - Project Selection
Select the desired project type:
- BPMN - Business Process
- UML - Software Architecture
- JPA - Java JPA entities
- EMF - Eclipse Modeling Framework
- RDS - Relational Database
- Flowchart - Simple flow diagram
- DMN - Decision Model and Notation
- Archimate - Enterprise Architecture
- Journey Map (ENTERPRISE plan)
- Persona - Characters representing your users (ENTERPRISE plan)
- Project - Multi-models projects (TEAM/ENTERPRISE plan)
Step 2 - Creation Method
In this article we are focused on a blank project creation, so press on Blank Project.
Step 3 - Project Data
Tape your project name with at least 4 characters and containing only: letters, numbers, '-' and '.' symbols. The space character isn't accepted.
Default Diagram Type
For BPMN and UML projects, select the default diagram :
- UML - Class, Activity, Use Case, Object, Sequence
- BPMN - Process, Collaboration, BPMN2 profile (TEAM/ENTERPRISE plan)
- Archimate - Archimate, Archimate profile (TEAM/ENTREPRISE plan)
Don't worry, once in editor you will be able to add any other diagram (example with UML diagrams below).
Finally, select the project visibility :
- Public - public projects are publicly available for everyone to view and to copy
- Private - private projects are visible only to administrators and collaborators
- Organization (option visible only with TEAM/ENTERPRISE plans) - projects are accessible to all the organization members in Read-Only mode
And press the Create button.
|Info : Visibility can be changed at any moment in the Projects page|
Project Open in Editor
When the new project is created you are ready to press the Open in Editor button.
The editor module will start in a new web browser tab.
GenMyModel editor starting
Let's discover now the editor module.